Stephanie has a passion for working with those who are seeking help for various gastrointestinal conditions and symptom relief. Stephanie is open about her own GI condition of Crohn's disease, which is what inspired her to go into this specialty. She has spoken an numerous conferences and groups for both patients and practitioners.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (IL)
- Stephanie is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and the director of pediatric behavioral medicine at her private practice, Oak Park Behavioral Medicine. She received her master's degree at Loyola University Chicago and has over 6 years of experience working with people living with chronic and terminal illness. She also has worked in an adult outpatient oncology setting for 5 years.Stephanie has presented at several patient conferences including the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America, Girls With Guts, the CURED Foundation, and the United Ostomy Association of America. She also speaks regularly at WOCN (Wound Ostomy & Continence Nurse) conferences, including the international WOCN 2016 conference in Montreal. She has also served on the board for the Society for Social Work Leadership in Health Care.
- She received her master's degree in social work at Loyola University Chicago in 2010, where their program emphasizes clinical training. She was trained on medical hypnosis through the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis.
- Chronic Digestive Diseases
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Skills Training
- Coping with Chronic or Serious Disease
- Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders